Saturday 23 April 2016

qgis - Use QuantumGIS to bulk-import csv files


I have a large set of .csv-files containing geographic information. Every dataset consists out of 2 .csv-files! This is my folder-structure. All files in Tracks are formatted equally and all in Routes too, obviously.


------- Tracks
-- 1.csv

-- 2.csv
-- 3.csv
-- ...
------- Routes
-- 1.csv
-- 2.csv
-- 3.csv
-- ...

I can import them all for themselves, but that would take days of time (2000 datasets ...).



So what I would like to do is to load all those .csv-files at once and group them. So after the import I would like to have a lot of layer groups named 1,2,3 (like the files before the comma) and every group contains the layers representing the two files. Like this:


---- Group 1
-- tracks1
-- routes1
---- Group 2
-- tracks2
-- routes 2
---- Group 3
-- ...


Is that possible in any way? I cannot write python code, so I'm hoping for a plugin ;)


Thanks a lot!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...