Tuesday 19 April 2016

What iOS (iPhone/iPad) app from the App Store can I use to collect data?


What iOS app from the iTunes App Store can I use to collect data (mainly points, perhaps photos) and later import them into my GIS?


I am mainly interested in an out-of-the-box solution, not develop one using any API. Bonus if it already connects to either my own WMS, WFS or Tile server.


Update: Free or paid doesnt matter. I just want the best option.


Update years later!: Thank you all for all your answers. At that time, I needed to record points/lines/polygons and support workflows with relationships (e.g. if I needed to add signs to a light pole, they would not go in the light pole features but in a related table called signs). I ended up going through this rabbit hole, that once solved, was the genesis of the AmigoCloud mobile client (Open Source).


AmigoCloud Video



Here is a video of how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj6OeTZgzM8




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...