Monday 18 April 2016

clip - Clipping line layer based on polygons with QGIS?


I have a line layer and a polygon layer. Both files have the same SRS. I want in a new shape file only the lines covered by the polygons.


I tried in QGIS the Vector -> Geoprocessing -> Clip tool but I only get an empty shapefile.


How do I do this with QGIS?



enter image description here



Answer



Use the Vector -> Geoprocessing -> Clip tool


Input is your roads layer, clip layer is the polygon layer.


enter image description here


Put the line's layer in "input vector layer" and the polygon's layer in "Clip layer"


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...