Monday 25 April 2016

Emulating Identity Tool in ArcGIS Desktop with Basic level license?


I work at several different companies each with different license levels of ArcGIS. I got used to using the Identity tool at a company which had access to the ArcGIS Desktop Advanced license. However, after switching to another company with only the Standard license, where the Identity tool is not available, I'd like to build a model or script which has the same functionality. Is there a workflow which will give me the same results as the Identity tool in the Standard license?


I'd like to stay away from third party tools. I wish to incorporate this into a python script, or ModelBuilder model.



Answer




If you use the Union tool instead you will be able to easily identify those parts which Identity would not have retained. You can then use the Select tool to retain the same polygons that Identity would have.


You will only need a Basic license to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...