Thursday 21 April 2016

arcpy - Automating Select by Location in ArcGIS Desktop?


I have 2 shapefiles (A and B) each with thousands of polygons. I want to select polygons from A which intersect a specific polygon from B, and save the selected polygons from A as a new shapefile.


I can do this using the 'select by location' feature and 'create layer from selected features'.


However, I want to repeat this for every single polygon in B.


Is it possible to automate such a task? I don't know Python, but may be able to have somebody do this for me if that is the best method.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...