Wednesday 13 April 2016

Adding delimited text layer in QGIS?


I was using QGIS 2.18 before the update. Adding a delimited text layer was very straightforward. However, in QGIS 3.0 I can do the same process, step by step, but it won't plot.


In summary, the link shows what I was doing in QGIS 2.18: http://www.qgistutorials.com/pt_BR/docs/importing_spreadsheets_csv.html



Answer



First, I usually have my data like this. Notice that I am using Excel and I save my data as CSV comma delimited.



enter image description here


You have to use the "Data Source Manager", either by the icon in the GUI or Layer/Data Source Manager. You have to choose the "delimited text" option. This is what you will see: enter image description here


Then you have to fill the appripiate fields like:


File name


File format


Geometry Definition. In this one it is mandatory to select the proper Coordinate reference system at "Geometry CRS". My data is lat lon WGS84, so I use EPSG 4326. If your data comes in a projected CRS you must choose the proper EPSG code.


enter image description here


You will see an example of the way Qgis is understanding your data. This is an example:enter image description here


Now choose the button add, and thats it. This is the resulting map with the data in the second image:


enter image description here



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...