Wednesday 13 April 2016

openstreetmap - Is there a public API that can be accessed with Python and will geocode Points of Interests?


I recently downloaded tagged hospital data from OpenStreetMaps.org using the API. Some of the data have a 'node' tag which are attributed with a lat/long while other data are tagged as 'way' format without an address attribute. This leaves me with several hospitals that only have a 'name' attribute and no address/lat-long geolocation.


I am wondering if there are public APIs that can be accessed using Python and allow me to pass just a hospital name like, 'CityA Hospital', and either get an exact address or a lat/long.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...