Saturday 30 January 2016

qgis - Atlas generation for different extents


I have a maps where i want to show 6 different sites around europe. Instead of creating 6 different maps, i want to use the atlas generator.


I'm using QGIS 2.18.3 (Las Palmas).



I have made a coverage.shp including 6 polygons to show the extent of my different maps. Also, i set visibility presets (always showing 2 Layers: one is my backround google satellite image and one is always my vector shape). I have consulted a previous question: (QGIS Atlas generation for multiple map extents?).


The Problem I have is that i want each map to have a different scale. I added an attribute to my coverage layer with the scale of my choice (eg. 30000, 16000...etc.). In the Print composer I went to the scale of the Map, data defined override > Edit, and set the scale of my attribute table. This is however not working. where am I going wrong?



Answer



Works for me well, entry the name of attribute properly to the expression builder - for example "scale".


You can also pick field directly from data defined override menu - Field type: string, int, double.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...