Tuesday 19 January 2016

Is there a way to export a point layer from QGIS to a csv file?


I have saved waypoints from my Garmin as gpx and have successfully imported them into QGIS. Is there a way to now export the layers into a csv file with coordinates? I've tried the export to csv but that does not give me the coordinates.




Answer



Two methods are described in other answers here:



  1. Save as CSV and in OGR Creation Options/Layers type "GEOMETRY=AS_XY": Getting list of coordinates for points in layer using QGIS?

  2. Create two calculated fields having the coordinates, then save as CSV: How do I calculate the latitude and longitude of points using QGIS?


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...