Sunday 31 January 2016

Getting tabular statistics from table using QGIS?



Are there QGIS tools that will allow users to get tabular statistics from their table? I kind of expected I would be able to just open the table, select the field I was interested in, right-click on the field header and get something similar to this (screenshot taken from ArcGIS):


frequency report


More specifically, I am looking for a QGIS alternative to the ArcGIS Frequency and Summary Statistics tools, that offer a host of other stats you can retrieve about the tabular data.




Just after asking, I found this QGIS Tutorial (see section 4.2 ) that describes how to find this functionality... Vector > Analysis Tools > Basic statistics. I also found Vector > Analysis Tools > List Unique Values right next to it. This gets me the list of unique values, but I would also like to see an additional column of frequency (count) of each unique item. Is this similar tool available "out-of-the-box"?



Answer



Statist plugin is going to be your friend here:


enter image description here


IMHO - it beats ESRI approach hands down with both functionality and aesthetics.





For looking at groupings of your data I'd also recommend Group Stats plugin:


enter image description here


Although (afaik) it doesn't work with single variables, it comes really handy for getting quick summaries of most important parameters of distribution of certain variable across groups of other variable. And yet again - ESRI is far beyond here.




I've also seen Spqr out there, but haven't had chance to give it a proper spin. It works with R and looks really promising, but seems to be still in early days, and as author suggests it is:



For experts and crazy people only. Bits of this aren't implemented and other bits don't work and most of it will break if you push it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...