Friday 22 January 2016

cartography - Is there a recomended method for symbolizing inland lakes, streams and rivers in a topographic map?


I produce a lot of maps with inland lakes, rivers and streams overlaid over a dem surface symbolized with a color graduation (green for lows and brown for higher elevations) I also use a semi-transparent shaded relief to enhance the terrain. I have a standard blue color I often used for both lakes and streams but I noticed that sometimes the hydrology does not stand out enough. I experimented with outline for the lakes and with dark and light blues but nothing seems to work for every map.


Can someone recommend a good color/method for symbolizing lakes/streams/rivers?


Is there a generally accepted standard theme for symbolizing lakes/streams/rivers? (Ontario, Canada)




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...