Tuesday 19 January 2016

Generalizing polygon file while maintaining topology in QGIS?



I have a polygon Shapefile, which I need to generalize. How can I generalize the poligons and ensure that there are no topological errors like "slivers".


I already tried:



  1. Vector -> Geometry Tools -> polygones to lines

  2. Vector -> Geometry Tools -> simplfy geometries ... here I can already see on the screen, that I am producing overlaps and gaps nevertheless now I try

  3. Vector -> Geometry Tools -> lines to polgones


and here the program show an error and crashes


enter image description here



Answer




GRASS is topology-aware. You can use v.generalize from the Processing toolbox to simplify polygons and if the input data is topologically correct so will the output.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...