Sunday 24 January 2016

enterprise geodatabase - ArcGIS SDE next rowid value doesn't increase at a constant rate


Using ArcGIS 10.5.1 and Postgresql 9.5 database, I created a point feature class named Locations. After I inserted 8 points in my Locations table, the objectid value of last row is 8.


An hour later, when I inserted a new point to the Locations table the object id value created as 408. But it should be 9.


Several hours later when I inserted a new Location, the objectid created 1220.


Why don't objectid values increase at a constant rate?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...