Wednesday 27 January 2016

arcpy - ArcGIS Copy Features tool extremely slow when exporting to ArcSDE?


I have about 10 points in a file gdb that I am attempting to copy over to an sde feature set. In arcpy and in model builder it takes about a minute to execute. Do you know of any tips to speed this up? In SSMS I can query the table almost instantaneously, so there must be a bottleneck somewhere that I am not aware of, since the network is close to zero latency. In the progress bar, it reads "Writing Features 1" for the majority of the time, then seems to complete the rest of the task almost immediately.



If it is really supposed to be this slow, I would at least like to have some idea of what it is actually doing during this time. The file is only a few kilobytes total, so I assume this cannot be normal.


Update: I was trying this operation over a site-to-site VPN. It is a fast connection, so there is still no real reason it should take a full minute to upload 10 points. I tried this on a local connection (local to the SQL Server), and the same operation took 2 seconds. It seems that CopyFeatures has some sort of bug when working through a VPN connection. Any ideas on how I could find a workaround (I need to be able to copyfeatures over the network with a VPN connection)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...