Sunday 22 February 2015

shapefile - How to read vector datasets using GDAL library


Up to now, I have used GDAL in order to read raster information and geotiffs and show them with the help of OpenGL. Now I have a vector dataset, and by that, I mean I have the files with types:



DBF File , PRJ File , SBN File , SBX File , SHP File , LOCK File , XML Document , SHX File


I want to read the vector information (e.g vertexes of the geometries and geometrical and topological relationships between feature) and then show them using OpenGL.



  • What part of GDAL library should I study?

  • Can you introduce me a tutorial link that has fully covered what I want to read from the vector dataset?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...