Tuesday 17 February 2015

arcpy - Get all the points of a polyline


I have some polyline feature objects in python. Now I want to get all the points of polylines.


For example, if a polyline has start point [0,0] end point [5,5]. Result: [1,1];[2,2];[3,3];[4,4];[5,5].


I want to find all the integer points on that line including end points. For straight line this is dead simple, but if polyline has Beizer Curve, Circular Arc, Elliptic Arc geometry types, then how can I do it?



EDIT:


I can only use those tools which are available in all license levels of ArcGIS. For example, ArcGIS Basic.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...