Monday 23 February 2015

Cleaning/editing GPX (tracks) files recorded from GPS device in QGIS?


During a long trip, I have recorded tracks of my journey with the GPS of my smartphone. I have ended up with about 30 GPX datafiles.


Now that I am back, I am trying to draw a map of this trip. I imported each file in QGIS as vector layer, and visualized the tracks with OpenLayers Plugin.


Now I need to edit some of these files:




  • basically trimming the end and beginning of many files

  • merging some tracks

  • adding a title or a description for each track


What is the way to do it with QGIS ?


I would like to keep as much data as possible from the source data (timestamp, elevation)



Answer



The best solution I have found so far is : QLandkarte GT


It does all the actions I have listed and much more. The only trick is to get map overlay, but it is easier with the latest version.



It is worth to mention that it's multiplateform software.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...