Friday 20 February 2015

arcgis desktop - Creating one single coverage polygon feature class from XY point data?



I'm using ArcMap 10.2, and I need to map areas covered by London postcodes (E1 0xx, E1 1xx, E1 2xx, and so on). What I have is the coordinates for every single postcode (310,000 in total) in an Excel sheet, so I can create point feature classes, which I then want to group as explained above.


How can I create a polygon shapefile that will include a group of coordinates within E1 0xx postcode?


For example. I want that polygon shapefile to cover the are of those postcodes specifically. In the end I need to end up with multiple polygon shapefiles that will represent different Postcodes districts (E1 0xx, E1 1xx...). Tried the Coverage tool, but it's not seem to be doing what I expected it to. Just installed XTools Pro, maybe that could help me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...