Wednesday 18 February 2015

arcgis 10.0 - How to Identify and Delete duplicate vertices?


I am trying to figure out how to delete duplicate vertices. I have successfully determined that there are duplicate vertices using PLTS Data Reviewer, but I am confounded as to how I identify and remove individual vertices. I have tried repair geometry to no avail, and I was wondering if anyone had some advice. I am working in a file geodatabase in ArcMap 10.0 with Data Reviewer extension.




Answer



Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I found a solution, albeit not exactly ideal for my situation. PLTS Data Review creates a reviewer feature dataset within the GDB, which includes reviewer points, lines, and polygons. The points represent point check errors (i.e. duplicate vertices). These can be visualized using PLTS table reviewer. I buffered this point error feature class by 0.5m and erased the buffer geometry from my original. No more point errors. I know this may not work for others' situations, but I am dealing with large polygons with thousands of vertices each. One could buffer by whatever radius necessary to create valid geometry. It would be nice to have python do this for me without drastically altering the geometry. But this works for me for now. Again, thanks everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...