Friday 20 February 2015

openstreetmap - Is Cloudmade still updating OSM data downloads?


I sent this question to Cloudmade but unfortunately they never responded. Hopefully someone here knows something about how they work.


They provide an OSM download for the Americas which I am using in a project. Although their site states that downloads are updated roughly every month it looks like nothing has changed since December 2011.


Although there are many country and continent-specific downloads available for OSM data online it seems like this is the only place I can get something for all of the Americas.



Any input on Cloudmade's update strategy or alternate sources for Americas data (without setting up my own planet-wide PostGIS) would be very much appreciated.



Answer



I did get a response from Cloudmade in the end:



Our downloads page reports the right date. We will update OSM downloads as soon s possible but for now our developers are busy on the other projects.



This is good news but in my case the uncertainty around update frequency is a problem. I am instead loading the full planet.osm file with a bounding box restriction for the Americas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...