Monday 23 January 2017

shapefile - Overlay Analysis in QGIS (or Preferably Python)



I would like to perform an overlay analysis in Python or QGIS to output a list of each shapefile that falls within certain boundaries. I have unsuccessfully tried to use the Spatial Join, Intersect, and Union commands that were described in this similar GIS Exchange post.


For each parcel described in this shapefile (links to download), I would like to see whether it exists within the regions of this shapefile.


Would you please point me in the right direction on how to do this? If there is a Python library that I can use, I would prefer that method.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...