Sunday 22 January 2017

arcgis desktop - Splitting lines with points while maintaining other dissolved lines?


I am on ArcGIS Desktop 10.2. I have a line feature class of a stream network. I also have a point feature class along the main stream (line) where a catchment enters that stream. I have dissolved my whole streams layer into one line feature and want to split this feature at the points.


Before split tool


However, when I use the Split Line At Point tool, the lines that don't have a point splitting them are still being split at the intersection of two streams.


After split tool



Why did this line not stay as one feature with the other lines on that side of the splitting node and how can I prevent this from happening?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...