Saturday 28 January 2017

qgis - How to work out sqft/m of land coverage?


I am currently self teaching myself on qgis whilst volenteering on a project on a river catchment and your help is hugely appreciated!


I need to be able to work out the percentage of land cover or sqft/m coverage. I have all the land uses on as a vector layer over my river catchment.


Many thanks and let me know what other info i need to give as a newbie!



Answer



Look into Group Stats plugin. I've described it's usage in http://anitagraser.com/2013/02/02/group-stats-tutorial/.



You can put the land use class in rows, the "sum" operator in columns and "area" in value to calculate the sum of all areas per land use class.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...