Tuesday 31 January 2017

Importing NetCDF file to ArcGIS Desktop as point feature layer?


I have a netcdf file of my computational grid. It is a structured curvilinear grid. When I make a feature layer from a it with the Multidimension Tool toolbox, I cannot get the point locations to plot properly. If I don't tell arcgis what netcdf dimensions to use (i.e. row dimensions option empty) all I get is a single point at the 0,0 origin. If I try to use the xi and yi dimensions, which are the indices of of the netcdf variable that I want to plot (i.e. with row dimensions as xi and yi) I get them to plot with the coordinates as the xi and yi indices instead of latitudes and longitudes.


I have the set of lon - lat variables in my netcdf files, but I cannot select them to be used as the dimensions or the dimension values (the tool box will not see them at all, although they are in the netcdf file).


How can I fix this issue?


Using ArcGIs 10.0.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...