Monday 30 January 2017

coordinate system - Problem reprojecting LIDAR data with Liblas



I am currently trying to reproject a LIDAR file (.las) using the Open-Source LibLAS, compiled on a Scientific Linux server.


The Original data is in Oregon Lambert, NAD83 (EPSG:2992), and I am trying to reproject it to UTM WGS 84, Zone 10 N (EPSG:32610).


However, when I use the --t_srs option, I get the following error:


"error: X scale and offset combination is insufficient to represent the data"



I am suspecting it has to do with the integer values stored and the distance of translation.


How do I get it to work? Is there anything I have to change in the header information?


Regards,


Edit: Here is the command line I am using (lasinfo detects the original EPSG, so no need to specify it):



./las2las -i path/to/input/folder/*.las -olas -odir path/to/output -v --t_srs EPSG:32610



Result:



$ Setting output SRS to EPSG:32610



$ error: X scale and offset combination is insufficient to represent the data





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...