Friday 27 January 2017

Creating evenly distributed points within an irregular boundary


I need to create an evenly distributed series of points within a series of oddly shapped polygons (formerly squares, but now squares with donut holes).


The way I have solved this problem so far is to create a fishnet of the polygon and then use the centroid of each unit that the fishnet creates.


However, the problem has become more complex and I now have more complex polygons. The centroids of the fishnet units are no longer good enough.


I was trying to convert the polygons to a raster and then use the Split tool for rasters, and create an output with a specified number of equal area units, but that won't work, as my input vector data doesn't have the necessary vaues for that raster process to run properly.


I am working with Arc 9.3 (but also have access to several other software packages)





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...