Friday 29 July 2016

One-to-many join in QGIS



I am looking for a possibility to make a one-to-many table-join in QGIS.


I have a shapefile with postal codes and would like to join them with survey results (more than one). In other words, there is a specific postal code (shapefile) on one side and there are many survey participants on the other side.


postal **code1** ----- survey participant **1**
postal **code1** ----- survey participant **2**

postal **code1** ----- survey participant **3**
postal **code2** ----- survey participant **1**
postal **code2** ----- survey participant **2**
and so on ...

If I do a normal join (right click on Layer --> Properties --> Join) , I just get the first entry of the table with the postal codes.


I found out a way to do it ArcGIS with the tool "Make Query Table", but I´m looking for a possibility to do it in QGIS.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...