Sunday 24 July 2016

Generating raster from isolines using SAGA or ArcGIS?


I have a vector dataset of mean annual precipitation polylines, and I would like to generate a raster from them. I'm not sure the best way to go about it.


ArcGIS has the Polyline to Raster tool but from reading its help file I get the impression it's not really designed to do what I need it to do. Obviously some kind of interpolation is required.


I am hoping that SAGA-GIS might have a useful module. Either that or I guess I could convert the lines to points and then krige them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...