Sunday 31 July 2016

Retrieving start and end point coordinates with ArcPy?



How do I retrieve start and end point coordinates with ArcPy for a polyline feature class?


I expect to pass a segment identifier to a subroutine and have it pass back start and end coordinates. The Field Calculator method doesn't work for me, because I need the value for other calculations that can't be performed within it. (I also prefer not to change the data to store these coordinates as attributes.) I am attempting to calculate address ranging for a "center out" addressing scheme. The address value depends on the distance to the "county center".




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...