Monday 25 July 2016

arcgis desktop - How to display a .jpg file in ArcMap for georeferencing?



I'm struggling to georeference a .jpg map. When I load it in to ArcMap, I cannot see the picture at all, so I cannot georeference it. (I tried to zoom to the map layer but the map just does not appear).


Does anyone have a solution for this?



Answer



Instead of trying to zoom to layer you need to use the georeferencing toolbar to display your .jpg


Once you have the .jpg in your table of contents, navigate to where your image will be georeferenced (assuming you have a basemap) you can then open the drop-down and select fit to display:


Fit to display


This will center the image on your screen allowing you to start the georef process with it roughly in the right location.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...