Tuesday 26 July 2016

Python error can't find PyQt.Qtcore, when launching QGIS


I installed QGIS in Linux and it was working fine. I try to launch the program again and I get the following Python error:


Couldn't load plugin MetaSearch due to an error when calling its classFactory() method


Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qgis/utils.py", line 219, in startPlugin
plugins[packageName] = package.classFactory(iface)
File "/home/natalia/.qgis2/python/plugins/MetaSearch/__init__.py", line 29, in classFactory
from MetaSearch.plugin import MetaSearchPlugin
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qgis/utils.py", line 478, in _import
mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
File "/home/natalia/.qgis2/python/plugins/MetaSearch/plugin.py", line 28, in
from qgis.PyQt.QtCore import QCoreApplication
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qgis/utils.py", line 478, in _import
mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)

ImportError: No module named PyQt.QtCore

However, I do have installed PyQt.QtCore. I think the problem is with my path and QGIS doesn't know how to look for the Python package.


I am really new to this, I am not sure how to fix it. The way that my path looks is:


PATH=/home/usr/.qgis2/python:$PATH
PATH=/home/usr/share/qgis/python:$PATH


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...