Wednesday 20 July 2016

shapefile - Where did the polygons go after projecting a map in QGIS?


I'm fairly new at GIS know-how, but I've run into a problem with a projection of a world map. I have a shapefile of all countries I downloaded from Natural Earth. After projecting it into a orthographic as suggested in this other question, I changed the lat/long so that the Atlantic would be somewhat in the center.



However, after changing it, the United States, Mexico and Canada disappear from the map, as you can see here: enter image description here


When I reproject the map to a long over the US, the polygons appear again. Any suggestions?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...