Friday 25 December 2015

QGIS 'join attributes by location' algorithm produces strange results for min, max


In QGIS 2.14.11 LTR I have a point shapefile with (besides others) an attribute kd which is either 1 or 0 (never NULL) and a polygon dataset. I try to calculate minimum and maximum values for kd for each polygon containing points and I expect to be minkd and maxkd fields after to be either 1 or 0 also, but never NULL or any other values greater than 1.


My join attributes by location algorithm is set up as follows:


enter image description here



As can be seen below (selected resulting polygon in the middle), values for minkd and maxkd are 6.000 in this case, but NULL and a variety of other values differing from 1 and 0 occur also.


enter image description here


I fairly can't understand how this behaviour can be explained, has anyone observed similar behaviour? Any hints to overcome this?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...