Friday 25 December 2015

Clustering of multiple raster layers to create sub-regions using QGIS?


I'm attempting to create n sub-regions from a polygon based on a cluster analysis of a bunch of overlapping raster layers (physical layers, eg: depth, currents, waves).


Currently, I can create a regular grid across the polygon, then extract physical attributes from the physical raster layers (eg: Gridspot or equivalent tool) then, run a cluster analysis restricted to n number of clusters (in R or other stats package).



Then, I can identify each cluster-group, and plot them back in GIS (QGIS or ArcMap). I envisage however, that some cluster-groups will be dispersed (spatial outliers and not meaningful), whereas some will be clumped (worthy of being a sub-region).


I could then manually draw around representative clumps to create n sub-regions.


Is there a tool like ArcMap 10.1 Grouping Analysis that can be run in QGIS? I'm only running 10.0.


Are there suggestions of a better way to do cluster analysis of multiple raster layers, to create n sub-regions (bio-regions)?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...