Thursday 24 December 2015

Adding values to point by its location in vector layer using QGIS?


I have two layers. One is the location of houses, the other is the boundaries of areas in my home town.


enter image description here


I'd like to add the name of those areas to the points, so I can select them, group them and display them by the area they are located in. Like "240 of those points are in the area of xyz"


I did try and select them by the intersect tool but had no success with that.



Answer



You can use Join Attributes by Location and choose the point shapefile as input file and Boundary shapefile as join vector layer. Make Sure that both shapefiles have the same projection. You can find the tool from Vector -> Data Management Tools -> Join Attributes by Location


enter image description here



No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...