Saturday 26 December 2015

python - Explicitly close a OGR result object from a call to ExecuteSQL


How can I explicitly close/release the result of an ExecuteSQL statement when querying a Spatialite database with OGR via Python? I have a simple query to return the SRID of a dataset. This works as expected. However, subsequent calls to ds.ExecuteSQL fail with the error 'SQL logic error or missing database' unless I iterate all the way through the result rows.


For example:


ogr.UseExceptions()


# This query returns a single row
sql = 'select distinct srid(geometry) from foo'
result = ds.ExecuteSQL(sql)
row = result.next()
epsg = row.GetField(0)

# This call fails
ds.ExecuteSQL('drop table bar')


Completing the iteration avoids the error:


_ = [r for r in result]

This is fine for simple cases, but not very explicit. I've tried calling result.Dereference(), row=None; result=None but these do not help. What is it that I'm missing here?


UPDATE The exception is only raised when I enable ogr.UseExceptions(). Otherwise the error passes silently and the drop table statement has no affect.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...