Monday 28 December 2015

file formats - QGIS processing default output vector layer extensions


You can set the default output-extension of a model in processing > options > general. The intermediate transactions in a model are processed in that default file format.


After installing QGIS, the default extension is set to 'shp'.


A well-known disadvantage of using shp is the restriction in attributenames (set to 10 characters).


When I set the default to eg. 'geojson' I can evade the naming-restriction. But I then get some other errors on processing geometries.


So I'm looking for an explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of the different output-extensions used in the graphical modeller.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...