Sunday 7 June 2015

Setting coordinate systems in gvSIG: workflow or transformation issues


I am learning how to use gvSIG 1.10 (Mac OS 10.6.8 Snow Leopard). My goal is to create a simple county map of Illinois using the base data shapefiles available from the Illinois Natural Resources Geospatial Data Clearinghouse.


I want to use a state plane coordinate system such as NAD83/Illinois (West) so that the layer will look like this (narrow):


Illinois



... not this (wide):


Illinois wide


Here are the dialogs I see after adding the layer:


enter image description here


I tried to change the projection to the desired "narrow" version, but no matter what I do, it is always displayed as the undesired "wide" version.


In case this is relevant, here's the empty Transformations list in gvSIG:


Transformation dialog


What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a software component?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...