Friday 26 June 2015

qgis - Error in area calculation



When I run the field calculator to update area, the resulting areas are too large. This happens whether I use QGIS 2.18 or QGIS 3.4.


The default CRS is set to: ESPG:27700, OSGB 1936 / British National Grid. However, somehow, the CRS has changed to ESPG:4325, WGS 84. When I change it back, the polygons do not appear on screen. If I recalculate $area, the amounts are '0.0000'.


Area default set as hectare, layer is a vector layer and all polygons are single part.


Example: using measuring tool gives area of 1 polygon at 7.441, but field calculator $area = 12.1819.


Any suggestions?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...