Wednesday 24 June 2015

Why are the Google basemaps no longer appearing in QGIS?


I had done a few projects using Google Physical/Streets as basemaps but now when I re-open those projects all layers appear except for the google basemap (other layers include .kml).


I had previously had this issue when I had a poor internet connection - the basemap would not load - but I now have a good connection so that should not be the problem.


I have also tried starting a new project and adding Google Physical there but likewise nothing appears. In the old projects I have tried removing and re-adding the basemap but no luck.


I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the OpenLayers Plugin (version 1.3.6) but the problem persists. When I use the plugin to add OSM however it does work (but I need Google for these projects).



I have verified the CRS and have it set to WGS 84/Peudo Mercator EPSG:3857


I am using QGIS 2.8.2-Wien on Mac


How do I make Google Physical visible again?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...