Thursday 18 June 2015

How to add complex Emergency Symbology (TrueType fonts) to QGIS?



In other packages I would simply ensure the TrueType font (+.ttf) was loaded on the operating system and it would be available for use. QGIS seems to rely on making your own. The symbols I wish to import are complex Emergency Symbology that couldn't be recreated within QGIS.


How do I add complex Emergency Symbology (TrueType fonts) to QGIS?



Answer



QGIS has a Font marker type which you can use. It will support any (most) fonts installed on the system:


In QGIS 2.0 (dev) enter image description here


In QGIS 1.8 enter image description here


You can even stack font markers like I have in the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...