Friday 19 June 2015

qgis - Error message: qgis_core.dll missing


I have a fresh install of QGIS 2.4. When trying to open a .shp file I get the error message below.


I've followed their advice and have done several re-installs and also cleared all qgis files from my system (Parallels on Mac OS X 10.6) before those re-installs. I've tried QGIS 2.2 which caused the same problem.


Funnily all worked for a day, the following day and since not anymore...


Has anyone come across this before?


qgis_core



Answer




I also receive the same when opening .shp files directly and selecting qgis-bin as the program to use. But I always load QGIS via the Desktop icon. I'm not exactly sure why but my guess is that the Desktop icon simultaneously runs the following 2 files in order to load QGIS (this is the Target which you can see in the icon's properties):



"C:\Program Files\QGIS Valmiera\bin\nircmd.exe" exec hide C:\PROGRA~1\QGISVA~1\bin\qgis.bat



My advice is to load QGIS via the Desktop icon (usually has a name like "QGIS Desktop 2.4.0") and then drag/drop your shapefile that way.


Edit:


As Steve has already found out, it's possible to drag your shapefile to the "qgis.bat" file which will load QGIS and the shapefile itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...