Wednesday 24 June 2015

convert - Opening ArcGIS Desktop layer package (.lpk) file using QGIS on Mac?


I downloaded an LPK file from the ESRI site that contains USPS defined zip codes. Because I'm working with QGIS on a Mac, I converted the file to a .zip. There's a .lyr file that opened up in the zip, but I'm not able to open that up on QGIS.



Is there a way to convert the contents of an ESRI layer package file (.lpk) into a shapefile with the associated data, and that I can open with QGIS on a Mac?


I looked into using utilities like 7-zip, but it doesn't seem to work on a Mac.


Apparently one of the .xml files in the layer package should contain a link to the actual data under the packagelocation tag, but I wasn't able to find that tag in the .xml files.


Does anyone know if that tag name might have switched?


I downloaded the layer package file from here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...