Sunday 28 June 2015

arcgis desktop - Joining Census block data


I know I'm probably missing something very basic, but I've been trying to join census block data together. The table contained within the block shapefile contains a field called GEOID10, which has concatenated the state, county, tract and block fields together. I have downloaded a table from the american factfinder that contains the total population for each block from the 2010 census and it contains a field called Id2 which has the same concatenated field as GEOID10. However, when I try to join the 2 together, ArcGIS won't give me Id2 as a field to base the join on when I choose GEOID10 as the field to use from the layer. Any idea why this is?


I'm using ArcGIS 10.5


enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...