Saturday 27 June 2015

arcpy - Thiessen Polygon delineation within a Feature


I am trying to create Thiessen (Voronoi) polygons, based on points within a defined shapefile extent.
The output should be inclusive to the feature. The output I receive now is the rectangular area around the selected points.


Steps I am using:
1. select points of interest (inside and outside spatial extent)
2. set primary display field to FID (aka:ObjectID)
3. Environment… > Set 'Analysis Mask' to shapefile with feature (in this case, a watershed)



Now here is where the problem starts.
I have a set of instructions for arc 9.3, but I am now operating on ArcGIS 10 (Spatial Analyst installed & activated).
Also, just to clarify, I did scour the inter-webs for some number of hours- Esri support, gis.SE, Professor Google...


########

9.3.1 version:
Spatial Analyst >> Distance >> Allocation
- set 'Assign To' as point shapefile of selected data
- set cell size


10.0 methods tried:
Analysis >> Create Thiessen Polygons -- Many variations of selected features

-- File locations, both inside and out of file geodatabase


I am open to any solution, using Arc 10.0 and/or python would be ideal. The first image is an example. The output does not need to be exact.


wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voronoi_diagram




No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...