Monday 1 June 2015

layer file - Adding Layerfiles (.lyr) to QGIS?


At college we use ArcGIS Desktop 10, but that does not function on my Mac so I have QGIS there instead.


I want to do my exercises with QGIS, but we use .lyr files with ArcGIS Desktop, and they are not supported by QGIS.


Does anyone know, how I can connect the *.lyr files to my *.shp files to use them on my Mac with QGIS?



Answer



You need to convert the .lyr files to SLD. Then they should render fine in QGIS. Unfortunately, Converting ArcGIS layer style to Styled Layer Descriptor (SLD) file? requires that the conversion be done from within ArcGIS Desktop. Perhaps a classmate could help you by doing the conversion.



Another option, which I have not tested, would be to use this Arc2SLD converter. Perhaps another user can comment on that program's usability.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...