Monday 8 June 2015

geojson - QGIS transparent polygon returned after digitizing


After the digitalization of my raster map as per below:



enter image description here


I saved it in .geojson format and .kml format.


The geoJSON works fine:


enter image description here


but once I export as a kml and open (in Google MyMaps), then I have borders only:


enter image description here


In the Google Earth it looks the same.


Is there a step, which I forgot during my digitalization process?



Answer



It's still a filled polygon, however the symbology does not save along with the data. Therefore when you open it in Google Maps / Earth they apply a default or random symbology. You can change this in Google Earth using the following: right click the layer > properties > style, color, in Google MyMaps when you hover over the layer a paint bucket will appear, this lets you change the symbology.



EDIT: You may have more luck with this answer: https://gis.stackexchange.com/a/240772/98170


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...