Thursday 4 June 2015

gdal - gdallocationinfo is not recognized


I tried to run gdallocationinfo from my FWTools shell and got a message saying: "gdallocationinfo is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file". So I checked the installation folder and didn't see any file with this name.


So I am guessing that something could be missing. I've also tried to search for the file on Google but without success. I am using FWTools 2.4.7 installed on Windows 7.


Any idea on how to fix this?


Thanks



Answer



From the GDAL Wiki:



Important note: the FWTools binaries are not currently updated...




The GDAL/OGR version in FWTools is 1.7 from 2010.


I'm not sure when gdallocationinfo was included in GDAL, but it wasn't announced until late 2010


Try the OSGeo4W or GIS Internals GDAL binaries instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...