Wednesday 18 December 2019

Update PostGIS after updating GDAL?



I am using PostGIS 2.0 and I want to use the raster functionality through mapserver. It seems as if the latest official GDAL release 1.9.1 has an unstable PostGIS raster driver, as pointed out in a previous question. After posting a ticket, was advised on github to update GDAL from trunk for this to work. I did that but I still get the same error. Thus, my question is:


Is it necessary to build PostGIS again from source after updating GDAL for that update to become effective in PostGIS?



Answer



During configuration PostGIS is looking for GDAL, the GDAL-config-file that is: http://postgis.net/docs/postgis_installation.html#installation_configuration


So yes, I think you need to build PostGIS again; I don't know about a way to point PostGIS to a different/new version of GDAL.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...