Sunday 22 December 2019

Creating points in specified distance along line using QGIS?


I want to use QGIS creating points along the line, but in specified distance. I found two GRASS tools in SEXTANTE Toolbox:




  • v.to.points

  • v.segment


I tried v.to.points, setting the maximum distance between points in map units to 100 and got this:


points along the line


close look


The second photo showed a close look from the upper one. The result was what I want, but I want to get less points, but even I set the maximum distance to 1000, or 1000000, the result was the same.


I tried to use v.segment, but I had no file containing segment rules.


Underdark gave me some advice, and I tried Densify geometries given an interval. First it gave me a polyline shapefile the same as I input, and then I used extract nodes to try to get those points. But the result was the same as I got using v.to.points, no matter what I set the distance interval.


How can I create points along the line, and in specified distance?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arcpy - Changing output name when exporting data driven pages to JPG?

Is there a way to save the output JPG, changing the output file name to the page name, instead of page number? I mean changing the script fo...